Beer Can Chicken – Beer Butt Chicken – Drunk Chicken
• Light up grill and and when fire is ready push coals to one side – ie Indirect Cooking method.
• Clean, wash and dry chicken – don’t forget to remove the neck and giblets from the cavity
• Coat with olive oil
• Rub the chicken with your favorite seasoning or spices – I like to use Cajun seasoning
• Take a ½ or ¾ full can of beer and insert into chicken as shown in picture
• Place on grill on the side without the coals – indirect remember!
• Cook for an hour so and check chicken’s tempature – it needs to be around 160° – 165°
One of these stands,
while not absolutely necessary,
can help prevent your chicken
from tipping over…